If you know me you've probably heard me say that my Chicken Milano is my all time favorite food on low carb. Well, ladies and gentleman the day has come where my favorite dish has been replaced! Yes! This recipe is the best food I have ever made. It tastes so fresh and luscious that you'd have trouble finding something this good in a restaurant! I highly suggest making this for company or for an anniversary, or when you need to remember how completely amazing low carb eating can be!
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced thin
1/2 cup shredded NOT grated parmesan cheese. It's better if you splurge and get the shredded because the flavor of the powdered one just doesn't compare.
1 recipe of Adriana's Pesto
2 tbsp olive oil
sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
fresh lemon wedges to serve
toothpicks to secure if needed
1. Heat the olive oil to medium heat in a large skillet
2. Place a thin chicken cutlet on a cutting board, spread with 1 tbsp of pesto and 1 tbsp of shredded parmesan.
3. Roll the chicken cutlet and secure with a toothpick if needed. (I secured all of mine with a toothpick, then removed them half way through cooking them and they stayed perfectly rolled up)
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and add to pan.
5. Cook chicken until light golden brown and cooked all the way through about 6-8 minutes. Turning frequently to ensure even browning. Repeat until all pieces are cooked. I added several to the pan at a time and it took me 2 batches to get them all cooked.
6. Serve with lemon wedges and just before eating sprinkle some lemon juice over the chicken. The lemon accentuates the flavor of the basil and makes it a 5 star dish.
I served mine with fresh asparagus sauteed in a pan at high heat with butter. Sprinkled with salt and pepper and drizzled with some lemon juice to serve. Excellent!
Please note you can also use your own pesto recipe or pre-made pesto. But the flavor in the pre-made one will not be as fantastic as freshly made pesto.
This recipe serves 4.
1.31 Net carbs per serving