welcome

lus.cious adjective

1. highly pleasing to the taste or smell


Welcome to Luscious Low Carb! A place where low carb recipes are the only thing on the menu. A place where you'll find incredibly delicious food that's simple to make and legal to eat on your plan.

So come in, take a seat and enjoy your stay!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Deluxe Fried "Rice"

I made some perfect steamed cauli rice a few days ago and had leftovers. I used them to throw together this quick and delicious deluxe fried "rice" It's not much of a recipe because I used what I had on hand, it's more of an example of what you can do with leftover cauli "rice" Perfect for when you get a Chinese food craving!





I Used:

3/4 cup leftover cauli "rice"
1 egg
2 fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 green onion, including green part, sliced
1 tbsp green bell pepper, chopped
1 tbsp red bell pepper, chopped
1 oz leftover steak
1 oz leftover chicken
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp oil


Directions:

1. In a small bowl, beat egg
2. Add 1 tbsp oil to pan and heat to medium
3. Add egg to pan and cook until set but still a bit wet, remove and set aside, wipe pan clean
4. Add other 1 tbsp oil to pan, heat to medium-high heat. Add the meat, stir fry for  a few minutes.
5. Add vegetables in with meat stir fry for 3-4 minutes but leave them tender-crisp.
6. Add cauli rice in with meat and vegetables, stir fry for 2 minutes then add soy sauce and egg. Cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!


Obviously the carb counts will vary depending on what vegetables you use, but here's the carb count for this recipe the way I made it:  6.9 Net carbs


You could also make this with shrimp! Yum! Or just throw any leftovers in and it'll still be delicious!


3 comments:

  1. I have some cauli rice in the fridge. I think I will try this. Yum!
    DH and I used to make real fried rice with peas, corned beef and eggs and we got so addicted to it. You have just given me a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great Dee! I thought it came out fantastic! Hope you guys enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete