welcome

lus.cious adjective

1. highly pleasing to the taste or smell


Welcome to Luscious Low Carb! A place where low carb recipes are the only thing on the menu. A place where you'll find incredibly delicious food that's simple to make and legal to eat on your plan.

So come in, take a seat and enjoy your stay!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Adriana's Homemade Chocolate Ganache

I used this ganache to top my mini chocolate chip cheesecakes. But I made extra and I made homemade sugar free peanut butter cups! This can also be used to cover strawberries, pecans, almonds or any kind of nut or low carb cookie or marshmallow. It's really, really good!



Ingredients:

1 oz of unsweetened baking chocolate I used Baker's brand
2 tbsp powdered erythritol
1/8 tsp NuNaturals pure Stevia extract (the white powder kind)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream, warmed in the microwave
2 tbsp butter, melted


Directions:

1. In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate on its own for about 1 minute 30 seconds. Stop and stir the chocolate every 30 seconds. If it's melted before the 1 minute and 30 seconds take it out if it needs more time then keep microwaving it until it's melted.
2. Add the melted butter and stir until incorporated.
3. Add the vanilla and the sweeteners and stir to combine.
4. Add the warmed heavy cream a little at a time and stir to combine. The mixture will be very smooth and rich.

Use as you wish!


This recipe as written has 7.32 Net carbs.  Net carbs per serving will depend on what you use it for and how many servings you get.
It's very important that the cream be warmed for it to finish melting the chocolate and it can be glossy and smooth.

This is the chocolate I used:




3 comments:

  1. Adriana- The only sweetener I have is Splenda. How much should I use for the mini chocolate cheescakes and how much Splenda should I use for the chocolate ganache. This sounds so delicious. I can't wait to make it! Thanks
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the taste of this ganache, but the consistency was very think, like chocolate milk and it never set. Is 1/2 cup of heavy cream correct?

    ReplyDelete