welcome

lus.cious adjective

1. highly pleasing to the taste or smell


Welcome to Luscious Low Carb! A place where low carb recipes are the only thing on the menu. A place where you'll find incredibly delicious food that's simple to make and legal to eat on your plan.

So come in, take a seat and enjoy your stay!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Adriana's Pesto

Since eating low carb I have begun cooking with fresh ingredients and herbs. Basil has become one of my favorite herbs! I had an excess of basil and I didn't want it to go bad, so I tried my hand at making pesto for the very first time! I'm not sure how "authentic" my version is but it tasted amazing!




Ingredients:

2 cups loosley packed basil leaves, washed and dried
1 clove of garlic
3 tbsp parmesan cheese
3 tbsp walnuts
1/4 cup olive oil
sea salt to taste


Directions:

1. In a food processor, add the basil leaves, walnuts, parmesan, sea salt and garlic. Mix until pureed.
2. Drizzle in the olive oil until thoroughly combined.

That's it! This recipe makes approximately 1/2 cup with 5.24 Net carbs.

To store it put it in a container and cover with a light layer of olive oil to prevent it from browning.

No comments:

Post a Comment