welcome

lus.cious adjective

1. highly pleasing to the taste or smell


Welcome to Luscious Low Carb! A place where low carb recipes are the only thing on the menu. A place where you'll find incredibly delicious food that's simple to make and legal to eat on your plan.

So come in, take a seat and enjoy your stay!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Grilled New York Strip Steak

I use this marinade with all the steaks I make: ribeyes, New York Strip steaks, all steaks. It gives the steak a very good flavor and color. I like my steak cooked well done but you can cook it to your preference of course!




Ingredients:

2 New York Strip Steaks

Marinade:

1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
sprinkle of salt
black pepper to taste


Directions:

1. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and combine with the steaks. Let the steaks marinade for at least an hour.
2. Preheat the grill (I used an indoor stove top grill) to medium high heat
3. Add steaks and cook until it reaches your desired doneness
4. Top with a couple of pats of  Garlic and herb compound butter and serve with Deluxe mashed cauliflower  and assorted roasted vegetables.


1.5 Net carbs per steak with this marinade.

The marinade can also be doubled or tripled for more steaks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adriana! I like my steaks well done, too! My hubby gets annoyed because when we're eating steak, I would cut into it and say, "That's NOT cooked!" "But it's PINK!!!!" LOL

    This looks great btw. We used to grill our steaks (tenderloin medallions?) but it's too much work because we have a small charcoal grill. So now we like to broil it. I love broiling but it makes such a mess inside the oven!

    -dollkey from LCF

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny Dee I think we're a minority because most people like them rare (ew!)

    I've heard that broiled steaks come out really good, but i've never actually gotten around to trying it. I like using my little stovetop grill but it's a pain to clean up to haha

    ReplyDelete