I've made this recipe several times and every time it blows me away! It's something i'd expect to get served at an Italian restaurant! It would be delicious served with mashed cauliflower, zucchini ribbons, or low carb pasta if your plan allows it.
1 Tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic minced
2 Tbsp sun dried tomatoes chopped
3 large basil leaves chopped in ribbons
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast sliced thin
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the chicken breasts in to thin slices and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a medium skillet heat the olive oil and add the pieces of chicken.
3. Meanwhile in a medium saucepan melt the butter, add the minced garlic and the sun dried tomatoes. Cook for 30 seconds and add chicken broth. Let simmer on low for 8-10 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
4. When the tomatoes are soft, add the cream and simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes while chicken finishes cooking, stirring occasionally. You might need to cook the chicken in batches like I did because it didn't all fit in the pan at the same time. Remove the cooked chicken to a plate and keep warm while the rest of the chicken cooks.
5. During the last 5 minutes add the parmesan cheese and the basil to the cream sauce.
6. Serve chicken on a plate and cover with the sauce.
Carb counts from fatsecret.com
Net carbs per serving 3.24