This stew is so delicious and comforting, it would be delicious for the cooler weather ahead. It's one of my favorite recipes.
2 lb beef chuck roast cut in 1 inch pieces
1/2 medium head of cabbage sliced thinly
1/2 medium onion chopped
1/2 medium tomato chopped
2 tbsp bell pepper chopped
1/2 tsp cumin
1 garlic clove minced
1 tbsp Knorr caldo de tomate
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups of water
1. Add the beef to a large stock pot season lightly with salt and pepper and cover. Simmer on medium heat for 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
2. After 40 minutes remove the lid and let the meat brown for about 10 minutes.
3. Add the garlic clove, onion, tomato, bell pepper and cumin. Cook for another 5 minutes until vegetables are soft.
4. Add the cabbage and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the water and the Knorr caldo de tomate. Taste and reseason to taste.
5. Cook for 15 minutes or until cabbage is soft.
Makes 4 large servings
Carb counts from fatsecret.com:
Net carbs per serving:
*** Knorr caldo de tomate is a boullion available in the hispanic section of the super market