This is more of a method of cooking not so much a recipe. The ribs first get steamed and then fried. They end up fall of the bone tender, while still being crispy.
2 lbs short ribs rinsed, cleaned, and cut
salt and pepper to taste
1. Season ribs with salt and pepper to taste
2. Add ribs to deep pot and cover with a lid
3. Steam ribs on low heat for 40 minutes stirring occasionally
4. After 40 minutes when ribs have steamed and cooked remove the lid and turn the heat to medium. They're will be a good amount of water and grease in the pan, but the water will start to evaporate and the ribs will fry in the grease that's in the pan.
5. Turn the ribs will they fry for about 25 minutes.
The reason I only season the ribs with salt and pepper is because the method of cooking gives the ribs such great flavor that it doesn't need much else. Except maybe my fresh Mexican salsa!
*no amount of carbs in this recipe