welcome

lus.cious adjective

1. highly pleasing to the taste or smell


Welcome to Luscious Low Carb! A place where low carb recipes are the only thing on the menu. A place where you'll find incredibly delicious food that's simple to make and legal to eat on your plan.

So come in, take a seat and enjoy your stay!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fruity cheesecake tart

Based on this recipe

For my birthday this weekend, I wanted a dessert that would not sabotage all the hard work i've done and that my whole non low carbing family would enjoy. I've seen several recipes for low carb fruit "pizza". So I adapted a few to suit my tastes and needs.

This tart was sooooooo good! It did not taste "diet" at all. It didn't have any after taste either. My whole family had seconds!!!


Ingredients:

For the crust:

2 cups almond flour/meal
1 stick of butter melted
1/4 cup erythritol
1 tbsp Davinci Sugar Free vanilla
1/4 cup Splenda (I used liquid for zero carbs, 6 drops)

For the cheesecake topping:

1 8 oz package of cream cheese
1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
1 tbsp Davinci sugar free vanilla
1/3 cup Splenda (I used liquid for zero carbs, 8 drops)
1 tsp. erythritol

1 kiwi peeled and sliced
5 strawberries sliced
1/2 cup pineapple chunks in juice not syrup drained
1/4 cup blueberries


Directions:

For the crust:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2.  I don't have a microwave so I melted the butter in a pan on the stove. My erythritol wasn't powdered so I stirred it into the pan with the melted butter. (If you're erythritol is powdered you can skip this step)
3. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and spread on a tart pan.
4. Bake for 12 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Let cool for 15 minutes before adding the topping.

It should look like this:




For the filling:

1. Mix the cream cheese, heavy cream, Davinci, Splenda, and erythritol. (You can leave the erythritol out. I added this small amount because it's always better when you use several types of sweeteners. It gives the food a more "real" sugar taste)
2. I beat mine with a mixer until it was thoroughly mixed and fluffy.

It looked like this:




3. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust.




4. And top with the fruit.





I let the dessert chill in the refrigerator overnight before trying it.

Erythritol can sometimes have a "cooling" effect when not combined with other sweeteners. I detected a slight "cooling" effect on the crust by itself. But when it was topped with the cream and fruit it was amazingly delicious!!! No after taste or any type of artificial taste at all!

I got 12 good sized slices out of the tart.

Carb counts from fatsecret.com:

Net carbs for the entire tart: 70.88

Net carbs per serving: 5.90




No comments:

Post a Comment