A low carb friends member Cryssi posted some pictures of some absolutely delicious looking chicken patties. This is my take on them. Thanks for the idea Cryssi!
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp curry powder
1 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying
1 tbsp cream
1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese (green can is fine)
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp onion powder
1. Using a food processor, ninja, or magic bullet, pulse the chicken breasts until ground. I did two breasts at a time.
2. Mix the ground chicken with the onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, curry, paprika, salt and pepper.
3. Shape 6 patties from the mixture and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and sprayed with non stick spray.
4. Freeze the patties for 15 minutes. This will ensure the patties hold their shape when dipped in the egg wash and "breading"
5. Meanwhile, beat the egg and add the tbsp of cream. Separately mix the parmesan cheese with the parsley and onion powder.
6. After the 15 minutes take the patties out of the freezer and dip each one into the egg wash and then dredge them in the parmesan mixture.
7. Fry them in about and inch of oil until golden brown on each side.
Spray your hand with non stick spray before shaping the patties, this will prevent them from sticking to your hands.
Great served with a fresh salad.
The patties were very large so one was enough as a serving.
Carb counts from fatsecret.com
Net carbs for the entire batch:
Net carb count per patty: