I love short ribs. I love the taste and the tenderness. I always make them steamed and fried with a Mexican salsa. But today I had a great idea. Teriyaki ribs! I used a low carb Teriyaki sauce by Seal Sama. It has 1 carb per tablespoon and it is sweetened with Splenda. It tastes amazing! Doesn't taste diet at all. I got mine at Netrition.com for $4.99. I highly recommend ordering some next time you place an order there. It would also be good as a marinade, or with chicken!
2 lbs beef short ribs, cleaned and cut into sections
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
1/2 cup Seal Sama Sugar Free Teriyaki sauce
green tops from 1 green onion sliced at an angle
1. Season the ribs with salt and pepper and garlic powder
2. Follow the directions for my steamed and fried short ribs
3. Place the Teriyaki sauce in a large bowl.
4. When the ribs are done, add to bowl with sauce and toss to coat.
5. Sprinkle with green onion tops and serve!
This recipe yields 3 servings, each with 3.34 Net carbs
I served this with Chinese green beans.
This is what the Teriyaki sauce looks like: