welcome

lus.cious adjective

1. highly pleasing to the taste or smell


Welcome to Luscious Low Carb! A place where low carb recipes are the only thing on the menu. A place where you'll find incredibly delicious food that's simple to make and legal to eat on your plan.

So come in, take a seat and enjoy your stay!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sweet Teriyaki Short Ribs

I love short ribs. I love the taste and the tenderness. I always make them steamed and fried with a Mexican salsa. But today I had a great idea. Teriyaki ribs! I used a low carb Teriyaki sauce by Seal Sama. It has 1 carb per tablespoon and it is sweetened with Splenda. It tastes amazing! Doesn't taste diet at all. I got mine at Netrition.com for $4.99. I highly recommend ordering some next time you place an order there. It would also be good as a marinade, or with chicken!




Ingredients:

2 lbs beef short ribs, cleaned and cut into sections
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
1/2 cup Seal Sama Sugar Free Teriyaki sauce
green tops from 1 green onion sliced at an angle



Directions:

1. Season the ribs with salt and pepper and garlic powder
2.  Follow the directions for my steamed and fried short ribs
3. Place the Teriyaki sauce in a large bowl.
4. When the ribs are done, add to bowl with sauce and toss to coat.
5. Sprinkle with green onion tops and serve!

This recipe yields 3 servings, each with 3.34 Net carbs


I served this with Chinese green beans.


This is what the Teriyaki sauce looks like:


No comments:

Post a Comment