welcome

lus.cious adjective

1. highly pleasing to the taste or smell


Welcome to Luscious Low Carb! A place where low carb recipes are the only thing on the menu. A place where you'll find incredibly delicious food that's simple to make and legal to eat on your plan.

So come in, take a seat and enjoy your stay!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Low Carb Ranch

Ok, so this ranch recipe is semi-homemade because you make it at home (duh, right!?) but you get a little help from this Hidden Valley ranch mix. There are directions on the back for how to make it, but I have my own way and it comes out amazing! Absolutely no comparison to bottled ranch dressing low carb or not. My favorite low carb ranch is Ken's Buttermilk ranch, but since making this recipe it doesn't taste as good as it used to. I made this ranch for my sisters (I test a lot of low carb recipes on them!) And they said the following things: I want to drink this ranch with a straw! I want a swimming pool full of this ranch! This is the best ranch i've ever had!

So there you go, fully approved by non-low carbing teenagers! And by low carbers as myself and others as well of course! It's gonna be hard to have portion control with this, trust me you'll really want to drink it with a straw! *wink*





Ingredients:

1 cup of full fat mayonnaise (I used Duke's)
1/4 cup of sour cream (I used Daisy)
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1/4 cup of water
1 packet of Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch mix (0.4 oz)


Directions:

1. In a large bowl mix the mayo and the sour cream, add the ranch packet, stir to combine. Add the heavy cream and the water. Mix until everything is combined. I think this is the right consistency I like for ranch, but if by any chance you would like it thinner just add a tablespoon of water at a time until it reaches the consistency you prefer.
3. Cover and refrigerate the ranch for at least 30 minutes before you serve it. It really makes a difference in the flavor.

Keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Stir well before using.


This is the seasoning packet I used:





And here is the nutrition information:





This recipe makes 2 cups of dressing. There are 16 servings of 2 tbsp each. Each 2 tbsp serving has 1.34 Net carbs.

6 comments:

  1. I have been visiting my fav low carb sites checking new recipes but also passing this one along... this is for enchiladas.. the "tortilla" is made with an egg crepe idea w/no flour of any kind! It is delicious, and rolls, and very tasty! Even fooled the non-low carber so that made me very happy! This "tortilla' or egg crepe recipe could be very versatile with some creativity. http://lowcarbgal.com/2010/09/beef-enchiladas/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thank you for that suggestion. I like your blog as well, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hidden Valley Ranch has MSG so I use Penzey's Ranch mix which has only herbs and spices. You can find them at www.penzeys.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this recipe, and thanks for the tip too from The Chef regarding Penzy's. I had knee surgery on Dec 30 and will not be able to work out 5 times a week like I was. Which also means I can't eat like a horse anymore either, do I'll be starting a low carb/high protein diet on Mon Jan. 2nd. I want to make my own mayo and low carb dressings. Thank you again, looking forward to trying this! Xoxo from South Texas

    ReplyDelete