This recipe is based on a post at LowCarbFriends.com by a wonderful girl named Jenn. I made some changes to suit my tastes and what I had on hand. It's a really good casserole and it makes alot! It's also great as leftovers the next day.
2 pounds ground beef
1/4 small onion chopped
1/2 small head of cabbage shredded
1.5 cups Heinz reduced sugar ketchup
2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown ground beef in a pan until cooked through. Drain
2. Add onion, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook for 5 minutes
3. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Add cabbage to pan and saute until soft
5. In a large bowl, mix ground beef mixture, cabbage, low carb ketchup, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
6. Spread in a 9x13 pan and top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
7. Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
This recipe yields 9 large servings at 5.25 Net carbs each.