I had been craving something creamy, cheesy, and with spinach. I had this recipe in my mind for a while and finally decided to make it. It was very, very delicious! I think fresh spinach is infinitely better than frozen. But if you do not have any you can certainly substitute frozen. This comforting dish is great for the winter months ahead and is also great as leftovers.
1 tbsp of butter
1 clove garlic minced
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan
2 oz cream cheese
salt to taste if needed, I didn't use any in the sauce
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast chopped into 1" pieces (I used 5 large breasts)
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 cups fresh spinach
1/4 cup parmesan
1. Add olive oil to large pan, season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pan.
2. Cook until lightly browned.
3. In a separate pot, add butter and garlic, saute for 30 seconds and add heavy cream. Simmer for 5 minutes then add parmesan and cream cheese. Whisk until smooth if necessary. Simmer sauce for about 10-15 minutes on low. It will thicken up with the cooking and the cream cheese.
4. Mix cooked chicken with Alfredo sauce.
5. Preheat oven to 350 F
6. In a 9x9 pan layer chicken in sauce, spinach, and mozzarella, repeating as necessary. I did:
and top final layer with parmesan.
7. Bake uncovered in the oven for 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted. I also turned on the broiler for a few minutes to get the parmesan on top golden brown.
This recipe yields 6 big servings.
It's a little difficult to serve in squares as soon as it comes out of the oven because the cheese is very melted. If you let it rest for 10 minutes it will be easier to serve. This is only if you want a uniformly shaped square. If not you can serve it right away.
You can also use the recipe for the Alfredo sauce with chicken breasts, fish, shrimp, or even vegetables.
6 large servings
Net carbs per serving: