Move over stove top! I'm giving your high carb stuffing a run for it's money. Sure my stuffing doesn't have dried old bread or sugar in it. Wait, I guess that makes mine better and healthier, not to mention more delicious than yours! Ha!
2 lbs lean ground beef
1/2 lb bacon chopped
1 large or two medium stalks of celery, chopped
2 green onions including the green part, chopped
2 tbsp bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp dried sage
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pan cook bacon until crispy. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same pan add ground beef and cook until browned, drain
3. Add the celery, onion, bell pepper, and bacon. Cook for 5 minutes or until veggies are soft.
4. Add poultry seasoning, sage, onion powder, and parsley. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
5. Add the chicken stock and cover. Cook for 10 minutes.
6. I like to bake my stuffing alongside the turkey, but you don't have to. I just think it gives it a better flavor and texture. You can also stuff your turkey with this stuffing mixture if you wish.
7. I placed the stuffing in a pan and covered with foil. Baked it for 40 minutes at 325.
This recipe yields 8 servings
0.5 Net carbs per serving