welcome

lus.cious adjective

1. highly pleasing to the taste or smell


Welcome to Luscious Low Carb! A place where low carb recipes are the only thing on the menu. A place where you'll find incredibly delicious food that's simple to make and legal to eat on your plan.

So come in, take a seat and enjoy your stay!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Malaysian Chicken Thighs

I've been eating chicken thighs very often these days, and while I love them I was getting kind of tired of eating them prepared the same way. I came up with this recipe and it was a total winner! Very very yummy and different. Enjoy!



Ingredients:
6 bone in chicken thighs
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
oil for frying


Directions:

1. In a large bowl combine all ingredients except chicken thighs
2. Add chicken thighs to mixture, coat them completely and let them marinade for at least an hour (I was busy doing something else and I ended up letting them marinade for an hour and twenty minutes)
3. Add about two inches of oil to a large pot and let it heat at medium temperature for about 5 minutes
4. Add chicken thighs in batches to the pot and fry. I added three at a time and it was perfect
5. Cook the chicken thighs, turning them about every 5 minutes. Because of the marinade they have, they tend to get brown very quickly so please turn them often to prevent burning. It took about twenty minutes for the batch of three thighs to be ready. Then I added the other batch of 3 and cooked them the same way.

This would be perfect served with a vegetable stir fry or with cauli fried "rice"

Please note: The carb count may seem a little bit high per thigh, but not all of the marinade is absorbed by the chicken. The carb count i'm giving is for all the marinade. So I think the carb count is actually lower.


Carb counts from fatsecret.com:

Net carbs for the entire batch of thighs:
9.66

Net carb per thigh:
1.61

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. I was searching recipe for today lunch. This one seems good. I will try and tell you the result

    ReplyDelete