I had been in the mood for comfort food and I sure found it in this super cheesy Mexican bake. Perfect for the chilly weather ahead. Enjoy!
1.5 lbs ground beef
2 tbsp chopped onion
2 tbsp chopped bell pepper
1 14 oz can Hatch 5 pepper enchilada sauce
1 8 oz pckg of cream cheese
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 cup muenster cheese shredded
1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown ground beef in a pan until cooked. Drain
2. Add 1 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add chopped onion and pepper and cook until soft about another 5 minutes.
4. Add the can of enchilada sauce and simmer until heated through.
5. In a separate bowl combine the cream cheese, egg and the remaining 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
6. In an 8x8 pan layer ground beef mixture, cream cheese mixture, and cheeses until you run out and finishing with the cheese.
7. Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
*** I used the Hatch 5 pepper enchilada sauce because it had no added sugars and it had delicious flavor! Please feel free to use another brand of enchilada sauce or even make your own.
The sauce has 3 g net carb per 1/4 cup. The entire can adds 21 carbs to the recipe.
This recipe yields 9 medium servings or 6 large servings.
Net carbs per slice if cut into 9 pieces: 4.28
Net carbs per slice if cut into 6 pieces: 6.42